Posted Monday, July 5, 2004
Why would you want to earn a few cents or dollars per click from displaying Google AdSense ads on your web site? Can you really make good money from this source of revenue? Well, multiply those clicks for every page on your web site and you will build a monthly residual income with very little effort.
What is Google AdSense?
Here is an excerpt taken from Google's FAQ:
"Google AdSense is a fast and easy way for website publishers of all sizes to display relevant, text-based, unobtrusive Google AdWords™ ads on their website's content pages and earn money. Because the ads are related to what your users are looking for on your site, you'll finally have a way to both monetize and enhance your content pages".
How much you earn per click depends on how much the advertisers are willing to pay. If the keywords the advertiser has chosen are in high demand you could receive several dollars per click. Alternatively low demand keywords will yield a few cents per click.
How does Google AdSense work?
1. Sign up for a new Google Adsense account at (https://www.google.com/adsense). It only takes a few minutes.
2. Once your site has been accepted (usually within one day) you will receive a snippet of code to include on your web pages. You can insert this code on as many pages or web sites as you like. Google AdWords will start appearing almost immediately.
3. You earn a few cents or a few dollars per click when someone clicks on the Google AdWords displayed on any of your web pages. Don't create revenue falsely by repetitively clicking on your ads. This will result in Google penalizing or possibly eliminating your site. You may also lose the money you already earned.
4. Viewing your stats - you can check your AdSense earnings anytime by logging into your web-based account. Here is
what you will see:
Impressions - how many times Google AdSense ads have been displayed on your Web page.
Clicks - the number of times an ad is clicked.
Clickthrough rate - the percentage of times an ad is clicked, out of the total number of impressions.
Your earnings - how much you have earned from Google so far.
5. Google will send you a check every 30 days when you earn $100.00 or more. You will also receive payment at the end
of the year, regardless of your account balance.
Who is Google AdSense for?
Content-based web sites - google advertisers want their ads on web pages that contain highly targeted keywords. This
enables the Google search engine to easily spider the site, plus engage the visitor in the web page content. This better prepares the visitor's mind to then click on the Google AdWords ad.
Theme-based web sites - create a web site that focuses on highly targeted keywords. These should be keywords that are
often searched for (high demand) but don't have too many competing web sites (low supply). For more information on
this topic read my article ""How to begin to make money online" (http://www.isitebuild.com/moneyonline.htm).
How to increase your AdSense earnings
1. Choose one topic per page - write content for your topic with a few targeted keyword phrases. Google will then serve
ads that are more relevant resulting in higher clickthroughs.
2. Use white space around your ad - this will make your ad stand out from the rest of your page so visitors can easily view it. Google also provides different colors for your ad so it will harmonize with the web page color.
3. Test out your ad placement - Google recommends using the vertical skyscraper format that runs down the side of your
page for optimum results. Try testing both horizontal and vertical formats over a period of time to see which format gives you the best results.
4. Create more content-based pages - expand the theme of your web site by creating pages that focus on your keyword
phrases. Optimize those pages for the search engines. This will not only attract traffic to those pages but make them more relevant for Google AdWords to be displayed.
5. Site Built It (http://buildit.sitesell.com/webselling83.html) - the perfect tool for creating lots of Adsense Revenue. Site Built It provides all the tools necessary to quickly create keyword-rich web sites that rank high in the search engines. This will produce a flood of traffic to your site of highly targeted visitors.
My Personal Experience - "Since I added Google AdSense ads to the article pages on my web site last month (http://www.isitebuild.com), I have earned a nice residual income. Since this extra revenue was unexpected, I am grateful that I took the time to implement the Google AdSense program".
Conclusion - give Google AdSense a try by writing keyword-focused pages based upon the interests you are passionate about. You will not only enjoy writing about them, but earn some extra cash as well.
Google AdSense FAQ
Site Built It
About the Author
Herman Drost is the author of the popular ebook "101 Highly Effective Strategies to Promote Your Web Site" (http://www.isitebuild.com/web-site-promotion) Subscribe to his “Marketing Tips” newsletter for more original articles. mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more of his in-depth articles at: (http://www.isitebuild.com/articles)