Posted Friday, July 23, 2004
There are many different ways to improve link popularity for your Website. One of the most effective ways to improve your site's link popularity is by writing articles for publication on other related Web sites and in other related newsletters or Ezines.
In this article, I will be sharing 10 techniques I use when I am writing articles to improve link popularity for one of my Websites.
Let's use this article as an example. I have two goals in mind as I start writing this article, a primary goal and a secondary goal.
My primary goal is to inform you, my reader, about how to improve link popularity for your Website.
My secondary goal is to improve link popularity for one of my own Websites.
If, after having read this article, you can say to yourself that this article was informative and it gave you one or more ideas about how to improve link popularity for your own Website, then I will have achieved my primary goal.
If, after having written this article, I can say to myself that this article was written well enough, and was informative enough, to persuade Webmasters and newsletter or Ezine publishers to reprint this article on their Website or in their newsletter or Ezine, then I will have achieved my secondary goal.
If I do achieve my primary goal, my secondary goal will be achieved as well - you will have been informed and the other publishers will realize that and will reprint this article in order to inform their readers as well.
Now, on to achieving my primary goal, informing you...
How to Improve Link Popularity by Writing Articles
1. Before writing your article, have definite goals in mind. Ask yourself what you want to accomplish by writing this article.
Since you are now reading an article about how to improve link popularity for your Website, that should be one of your goals. I'll leave you to decide what other goals you want to achieve by writing your article.
2. Have well thought out ideas for the beginning, middle and ending of your article.
For this article, the purpose of my beginning was to inform you about an effective way to improve link popularity for your Website.
The purpose of the middle of this article is to inform you about how you can use this effective way to improve link popularity for your own Website.
The purpose of the ending of this article will be to provide you with a way to learn more on this topic and, to achieve my secondary goal, to improve link popularity for my own Website.
3. Include your most important keyword in the title of your article. You will notice that I have used the keyword phrase "improve link popularity" in the title of this article. This will improve the odds that your article will become indexed and listed by search engines.
4. Use your important keyword throughout the content of your article. Again, you will notice that I have used the keyword phrase "improve link popularity" several times throughout the content of this article. Again, this is for the purpose of getting this article indexed and listed by search engines.
5. Write your article as if you were speaking directly to your best friend about a topic that both you and she are passionate about. Don't try to impress her with your knowledge of the topic. Simply provide her with your thoughts on the subject, using easy-to-understand words and phrases.
6. After you have written your article, leave it alone for a day or two before coming back to it. Using a fresh pair of eyes, read your article to see if the content flows in a logical, easy-to-understand manner. Then proofread your article for typos. Make any necessary corrections.
7. After you have written and proofread your article, publish it on your own Website. Include a resource box at the bottom of your Web page that informs Webmasters and newsletter or Ezine publishers that they are free to reprint your article. This is, after all, the focus of this article on how to improve link popularity for your Website.
8. If you publish a newsletter or Ezine, also publish your article in it as well. If it is a lengthy article, publish part of the article in your newsletter or Ezine and provide a link to the complete article that is published on your Website.
9. Include a resource box at the end of your article that provides a little information about you and an invitation for your readers to visit your Website. Some readers will go to your Website, read your other articles, and choose to reprint some of those as well. This is a definite bonus when you are writing an article to improve link popularity for your Website.
10. Submit your article to Websites that archive articles that are available for reprinting on other Websites and in other newsletters or Ezines. My favorite Website for archiving my articles and for obtaining articles written about how to improve link popularity is ArticleCity.com, located at (http://www.articlecity.com/). Other archives can be located by searching on "free articles for reprint" or something similar.
It took me about two hours to write this article. When you are passionate about the topic you are writing about, the words just seem to flow from your brain to your article.
If you are passionate about the topic of your article, you will be able to write an informative article which will be reprinted by Webmasters and newsletter or Ezine publishers and that will help to improve link popularity for your Website.
About The Author
Bob designs and builds his own Websites. His most recent site is Link Popularity IQ (http://www.lpiq.com/lpiq). He invites you to test your knowledge of link popularity by taking his free Link Popularity IQ Test (http://www.lpiq.com/test).