Posted Thursday, October 21, 2004
It is a fact, that "search engines" really help you to promote your web site, but it is only possible, when your web site is found in top 20-60 positions, if it is not found within 1 - 3 first pages of the search result, you will never get web site traffic from search engines.
I am going to tell you, the techniques, that you should use to submit URL in search engines. Many companies offer "Web site Promotion & Positioning at top" services. If you understand these tips and techniques, you can offer these services, too. It means that it not only helps you to promote your web site, it also help you to offer "Web Promotion Services" from your web site.
Follow these steps to submit your web site URL to search engines:
1. Collect 10-20 words or phrases (keywords) that someone may use to search your web site.
2. Write a brief description for your business describing all services/products, you are offering from your web site. Use important keywords (you collected in step #1) in the description.
3. Design one web page (an Entrance Web Page to your actual web site) that has a welcome message, a description to your web site (you wrote in step#2) with a link to your web site main URL i.e. (http://www.yourcompany.com) and save it as "index.htm"
4. Use META tags to place your keywords and description in index.htm (you designed in step #3).
5. Get as many free hosting services as you can, i.e., from (www.geocities.com), (www.anglefire.com), (www.homepad.com), (www.cjb.net), (www.freeservers.com) etc. [You will find popular hosting services links at (www.pcsoftweb.com)] and upload your index.htm (you designed in step#3) file to all free hosting services. Remember, this index.htm file refers to your main URL (www.yourcompany.com) [DO NOT UPLOAD THIS FILE TO THAT SERVER, WHERE YOUR WEB SITE IS ACTUALLY HOSTED]
6. How many web pages do you have in your web site? Use keywords (you collected in step#1) in different order in each web page with 5 - 10 new keywords related to current page and a description to current page. Use META tags to place these keywords and description in all pages, one by one.
7. Save all files with changes you made in step#6. Re-upload them to your actual web server.
8. Now, you have a lot of URLs. You have a main domain name i.e. (www.yourcompany.com), all pages included in your site e.g. (www.yourcompany.com/page1.htm), (www.yourcompany.com/page2.htm), (www.yourcompany.com/page3.htm) and many more and all free URL e.g. (www.geocities.com/yourcompany), (www.yourcompany.homepad.com) etc. etc.
9. Now, submit all URL of your web site and pages to major search engines with the help of (www.pcsoftweb.com), one by one.
10. Now, be patient. Wait for 15-30 days, because placement in search engines takes time. The chances have been increased many times for your web site, to be found in major search engines.
11. You will see your hit counter, that goes faster than ever before and it is done by proper placement in search engines. Don't submit your URLs again and again. This may remove your URL from search engines.
If you are interested in promoting your business / web site, you will find a lot more things related to this topics. Visit my site at (http://www.pcsoftweb.com)
If you want to start/promote your own online business without investment, please visit (http://www.pcsoftweb.com/ebiz/)
About the Author
S. Najam Aziz Ahmed