Posted Wednesday, December 1, 2004
The more time people spend at your web site, the more time you'll have to persuade them to buy your product or service. Below are ten powerful ways to keep visitors at your web site longer.
1. Provide your web site visitors with content they can't read anywhere else. People will stay longer at your web site to read the original content.
2. Remind your web site visitors they can print out your content. They may browse around your online store while it's printing.
3. Offer your web site visitors a freebie if they take the time to fill out your online survey. They'll be at the site longer and might buy something afterwards.
4. Offer your visitors free software that they can download right from your web site. While they are waiting they might read your ad.
5. Provide a huge online directory of information that your visitors could search. The directory must contain information your visitors would want.
6. Make sure all your web pages load fast or your visitors will leave fast. Time is precious; they won't waste it waiting for your site to load.
7. Tell your visitors what's offered at your web site at the very beginning. If people are confused about what's being offered they may leave too early.
8. Publish your web site professionally. People will get turned off and leave if they see a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes.
9. Make your site text easy to read. Most people won't strain their eyes trying to read text that is too small, light or bright.
10. Use headlines and sub headlines all over your your web site that will grab visitors attention. It will attract them to explore your web site longer.
About the Author
50,000 FREE eBooks, Web Books, Courses And More! Visit: (http://www.ldpublishing.com)