Posted Thursday, January 13, 2005
How to Gaurantee 20% More Sales for Your Product or Service in 5 Minutes.
By following the steps below, see for yourself how many people are quickly and easily increasing their sales by up to 20%!
It is a well known fact that the more personalized your offering is, the more you increase the chances of the desired outcome, whether it be a sale of a product or a signup to your opportunity.
If you have your own website hosted on a server that can run PHP scripts (most hosts have PHP installed as standard), this easy little trick will increase whatever the desired action of your website is by up to 20%!
If your scratching your head, don't worry PHP isn't as nasty as it sounds. Its just another language servers use to make your web pages more interactive and dynamic.
You wont have to install any scripts or anything like that for this trick to work. All you need is Notepad and your FTP Client. Just follow these instructions to the letter and you will be fine.
1. Bring up your home page in your browser
2. Click on the "View" menu at the top left hand corner of your browser window.
3. Click on "View Source". At this point, Notepad should have opened up with the HTML File of your homepage already inserted.
4. Modify the source code in your opened up Notepad with the following tag wherever you want your prospects name to appear:
Dear Friend, now becomes Dear ,
5. Save that file to a PHP extension. Example: index.html would be saved as index.php.
6. Log into your hosting account via FTP with your FTP client.
I use Cute FTP for all of my uploading and find it's one of the most user friendly FTP Clients available. However you should have no problem following these instructions as most FTP Clients allow you to rename files.
If you don't have an FTP Client, click the URL below to download a free version of Cute FTP then come back
and finish the rest of this tutorial:
7. Go to the directory where your homepage is stored.
This should be /public_html/.
8. Create another directory called php
9. Upload "index.php" to the php directory.
Now comes the good part.
10. Insert your details into the URL below into an open browser and press enter:
You will notice that everywhere you personalized your website with the tag has been replaced by your name.
You can use this URL with advertising to your Autoresponder or Newsletter list. instead of typing in your name you can use the merge feature to merge each prospects name into your mailing!
For example my mail merge first name tag is !FIRST_NAME! so the URL I'd use would be:
This will then insert each recipients name into the URL and send them to the appropriate page of my site with their name already in place of the tags I used to modify my webpage!
Now can you understand how powerful this is?!?
Next time you send an email to your list/newsletter selling your product or service, try this little known trick. I know you will be pleasantly surprised by the results!
Wishing you all the best,
About the Author
Dean McRae has been actively marketing online since 1998. As author of "The Internet Marketing Arsenal", he has helped increase the profits of small business owners worldwide. Visit his site to discover a strategy to earning $60,000 per year minimum while working only 30 minutes per day.
Click Here Now: (http://internetmarketingarsenal.com/report.html)