Posted Friday, January 28, 2005
Whatever business you are in, either online or offline, you've got to constantly generate business/product ideas.
If you've ever wondered how on earth those big corporations and companies generate wonderful and irresistible products plus powerful and revolutionary ideas, here are the 11 basic principle behind it all and the greatest of news is that it can be applied to any business.
1. Pick up an existing product, add additional benefits and offer it at the old price or at a cheaper price.
2. Strip an existing product to the basics and offer the real substance at a basic price. Here is a very good illustration. Thousands of great and free email services exist on the web with great features but the truth is this; only a fraction of the users really use all the additional features and believe me, a lot get confused because it seems so complicated.
Strip off all the "niceties" and offer a simple straight forward and easy to use email. See what I mean?
3. Add speed of delivery to a basic product or service. This is the number one reason why the Internet is such a big "boom". Speed. Incorporate it in your new product.
4. Enhance design and packaging of a basic product.
5. Design an existing product to increase speed and reduce stress. This is the one great reason why all those things with the tag "instant" sell like crazy and it is the reason why you have a microwave oven in your house!
6. Generalise a hoarded technology or idea. As an instance, website design used to be reserved for professional web programmers until someone came around and "burst" up the whole thing with the "What You See Is What You Get" programs. If you see an hoarded information or technology in your field of business, "burst the bubble" and go wild with your product.
7. Package a "something made easy". Everybody loves it.
8. If you can't find something you really need, it means so may other people out there can't find it too. Turn your need to a product and meet the needs of others too!
9. Combine attributes to offer better value. The web is getting stronger simply because of added attributes being incorporated daily; chat, videos, flash etc
10. Add something "jazzy" to an existing product. Have you heard of "crazy jeans"? I have even seen "torn jeans". That might be all your product needs to create a product that will cause a market "BANG".
11. Inspirational Product. These are the products that come to you in a "flash". If you take time to fire your thinking using the other 10 techniques, you will reach a point of inspiration. Use it.
Creating great products that are not just great but also sell is not so difficult. Just keep at these 11 tips until you reach a point where you can create product ideas effortlessly.
Remember, Never Resign To Fate, Always Refire Your Faith.
You may reproduce this article freely electronically (in ebooks, ezines, emags, websites etc.) or in print as long as the resource box is included. Do send the author a courtesy message making known where and when the article is used. If published at a website, make the website known.
(c) Oluwafisayo Akinlolu, 2004. Contact:email@example.com
Learn what the masters do online and how they make the huge profits! Find out more in the FREE "Internet Profits Pack" worth more than $400. Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for your FREE copy of IPP.
About the Author