Posted Thursday, February 3, 2005
"How Can I Double My Sales?" - that must be thesilent prayer of thousands of webmasters.
There are two ways to do it: you can either doubleyour traffic or you can double your conversion rate.
Let's say you have a conversion rate of 2% (1 sale forevery 50 visitors) and you get 100 visitors a day -you're getting 2 sales a day. You could get 4 sales aday by increasing your traffic to 200 visitors a day.
But you can get the same result - with your existingtraffic - by doubling your conversion rate (2 salesfor every 50 visitors).
Here are 5 ways to double your conversion rate:
(1) Direct Response:Make sure your website is a'Direct Response Website'. A DRW is a site where theonly options are to Buy, Bookmark, or Leave. The moreoptions you give your visitor, the less likely theyare to buy.
(2) Free E-Books:Include Free E-Books as bonusgifts with your product. This can easily double yoursales - especially if the Free E-Books are genuinelyuseful. Here are some places you can find FreeE-Books:
(http://www.free-ebooks.net/) (http://www.ebookdirectory.com/) (http://www.ebooksnbytes.com/download.html)
(3) Testimonials: Make sure you have plenty oftestimonials on your website. Preferably, they shouldbe from customers who have achieved results from yourproduct (e.g. more traffic, more sales, saved timeetc).
(4) Follow Up:You've probably heard this over andover again but it's worth repeating - people have tosee you your message about 7 times before they buy.The biggest mistake you can make is to try and sellyour product on the first contact alone.
It just doesn't work, and the statistics bear thisout: the 1st contact produces 2% of sales, the 5th to12th contact produce 80% of sales.
So in your ezine ads and at your website, offersomething free in exchange for an email address. Andthen follow up with sequential (or follow-up)autoresponders.
Here are some sites that offer free follow-upautoresponders:
(http://www.auto-responders.net) (http://www.informationbyemail.com) (http://www.getresponse.com/orderfree.html) (http://www.rapidreply.net/free_features.htm)
(5) Backend Sales: It's no secret that successfulbusinesses make up to 80% of their sales from previouscustomers. Why? Because people who have bought fromyou before are much more likely to buy from you again(they know you, they trust you, they were happy withyour product).
The hard work in marketing is getting a customer. Onceyou have a customer, they'll buy from you over andover again.
Contact your previous customers and let them knowabout another product that compliments the product orservice they bought from you. Experts reckon that thevalue of 'a lifetime customer' lasts about 3 years -make use if it.
If you follow these 5 tips, you may well find thatyou can double your online sales with the traffic youalready have.
To your success!
About the Author
Michael Southon has been writing for the Internet for over 3 years. He has shown hundreds of webmasters how to use this simple technique to build a successful online business. Click here to find out more: (http://EzineWriter.com/)