Posted Saturday, February 12, 2005
The following are common mistakes that Sales Managers and Owners make in the sales process which could be costing you thousands or even hundreds of thousands in lost revenue.
- No system to capture and log prospect information/contact data on incoming ad calls.
- Poor tracking of incoming calls for source and ad success.
- No attempt to offer something to a prospect that`s `on the fence`,like free information, a cost savings comparison or an informative video or audio with testimonials.
- Not directing or leading the prospect towords what you want them to do. This is usually caused by not knowing what you want them to do next - what the next step in the sales process should be.
- Not following up on leads with a phone call.
- Turning leads over to a sales person that hasn`t been trained properly.
- Not tweaking your ads so that only those who are really interested and pre-qualified call, example: `Don`t call us if you`re satisfied with your monthly mortgage payment`.
- Selling/quoting prices before pre-qualifying the prospect.
- Selling price instead of unique benefits, payment or service.
- The `wrong` person answering incoming ad calls, example: over worked/cranky receptionist, busy assistant, lazy sales person, etc.).
- Not sorting and sifting (smart cherry-picking) through leads to determine the `good` from the `bad`.
About the Author
Shawn Meldrum has spent the last two decades marketing everything from almonds to landscape lighting. He currently specializes in marketing for mortgage brokers, loan officers and real estate agents. For free mortgage marketing articles and much more visit: (http://www.mortgagemarketingtips.com/)