Posted Thursday, February 17, 2005
Sometimes the best inspiration comes from hearing about the deconstruction of other company's names. For you, I am happy to share how I came up with "Slice A Day :: your slice on marketing"...
1. First the purpose and vision of my site was to have people volunteer some marketing stories...true case studies of business owners and how they promote business.
2. Then gathered the supplies for brainstorming. I had a sheet of paper, pencil and a dictionary/thesaurus.
3. Let the brainstorming begin!
I love really clever, catchy and visual names. It comes from having a web design and creative background. The AIGA.org hosts a local networking event called "Brew" with the tagline "where ideas perculate". I loved it! And to mimic it's genius, here is where that spark of inspiration took me.
::: Start List :::
• "grill - where ideas sizzle"
• "water cooler"
...sidenote: i thought that's where people really talk openly
• "feedbag - serving up ideas"
• "your market draw"
...sidenote: i don't know how i got here
...sidenote: now i'm just writing words, synonyms
...sidenote: this is where the dictionary & thesaurus come in
... a few minutes pass by
... a few more minutes pass by
...sidenote: visual images of pie and cake
...sidenote: slice is a portion of a bigger piece...hmm
• "Share Your Slice On Marketing"
...sidenote: tagline that explains and supports vision
::: End Brainstorming List :::
I like "slice" because you just get quick and small chunks to read... just enough to evoke a thought, to make you think, or to leave you wanting more.
About the Author
your slice on marketing