|Top 10 Tips
for Web Store Design
By Kate Schultz
| 1. Provide enough information
and samples of your products or services to allow your potential
customers to reach
buying decisions on their own. Self-service is the best service
2. Automate as much of your on-line processes as possible. Deliver
digital products on-line.
3. Let your customer decide which method of ordering to choose.
Provide several ordering options: mailing address, fax, phone,
and secure on-line ordering.
4. Use a commerce package that allows you to calculate sales
tax and shipping cost in real time. Your customers
will want to know the total cost of their orders before placing
Let your customers know it is safe to shop at your site.
Show them that you respect their privacy.
6. Use a shopping cart program. Shopping carts let your shoppers
browse through your store, adding or removing
items before they check out and pay for the goods.
7. Establish a "no questions asked" money back guarantee.
You must make it safe for customers to do business with you
by taking all the risk.
8. Create affiliate or reseller networks for your products or
services. Let other Web sites do the marketing for you.
9. Train your employees. They need to learn new skill so that
you can adapt your business processes to the Internet.
10. Develop post-sales support. Establish communication wit
your customers immediately after the sale. Let them know the
order was received and when they can expect delivery. Tell your
customers what a great decision they made ordering your product.
Kate Schultz is the founder of EzineUniversity (EZU). You're
invited to follow our progress each week as I reveal what works
and what bombs in the world of E-zine promotion. Drop by http://www.ezineuniversity.com
for the low-down!
A database error has occured!