PDA

View Full Version : Crash with <pre> tag

madgreatgrandpa
03-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Hey guys, first off I just wanted to say that this isn't a complaint by any means - FP2006 is a great program (especially since it's got a free version) and I'd be pretty much lost without it - so a big thanks to the developers and those who maintain these forums for doing such a great job.

There is one issue I've found though, there are some pretty regular crashes I experience, and whilst I'm not going to give the impression that I know exactly what's causing them, it does seem to happen pretty much exclusively when I'm using the <pre> tag to shift images or i-frames around pages.

I know a decent amount of HTML, but I won't pretend that it's nearly enough for me to not make a pretty large amount of simple mistakes, so it might just be me doing something I shouldn't. If I'm not meant to use the <pre> tag to move images or i-frames, then I'd be apprecaitive if you could think of an alternative.

I'd give a screenshot, but I can't reproduce the error 100% of the time. It says something like '1stpage.exe First Page 2006 has encountered a problem and needs to close. Any work you were doing may be lost.'. What I find strange though is that when the error's active, the program is still seemingly fully functional, and I can save my work, and it'll be fine when I restart the program.

It's not really fatal or anything more than a slight inconvenience, but I was just wondering if anyone had any further info on how to alleviate the problem. Any help's appreciated, and if you need any more details about my PC or anything, then I'll gladly provide them.

thanks
mgg

Terminator1138
03-06-2007, 09:28 AM
Thanks Mgg for that bug report. I'm not sure whats causing it since I don't use this software anymore but perhaps more members who still use it can comment on it.