Webmaster Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 06-21-2004, 02:14 AM   #1
GrimReaper2
Banned

GrimReaper2 can only hope to improve
Send a message via ICQ to GrimReaper2
Default Just wanted to say ver 3.0 exists.

Hi All,

I just wanted to tell you all that version 3 of 1stpage actually does exist. Keep coming back and hang around.

(I've seen it, and more then those silly screenshots).

Chris.
GrimReaper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:24 AM   #2
pascal

pascal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper2
Hi All,

I just wanted to tell you all that version 3 of 1stpage actually does exist. Keep coming back and hang around.

(I've seen it, and more then those silly screenshots).

Chris.
What the .... is this about?

Like, where did you have seen it? Wich site? or whatever

What can we do with the information that you have seen version 3?
Nothing.

:D :*D:

On holiday from the 10th of Juli till 26th of Juli.
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #3
Moooooo

Moooooo is on a distinguished road

Grim lives near the guy that is developing 1stpage
Moooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 12:59 PM   #4
pascal

pascal is on a distinguished road

ahhhh, that explains all

:D :*D:

On holiday from the 10th of Juli till 26th of Juli.
pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:21 PM   #5
DanThMan

DanThMan is on a distinguished road

Isn't Grim actually Napoleons old partner and the founder of HTMLBuilder XP who's lurking around?
Old 06-21-2004, 05:39 PM   #6
GrimReaper2
Banned

*Grim Lurks next to DanThMan*... Yes, that is true I can walk to his house if I want to.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:55 PM   #7
DanThMan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimReaper2
*Grim Lurks next to DanThMan*... Yes, that is true I can walk to his house if I want to.
Got nothing to do in your own forum?
Old 06-21-2004, 08:13 PM   #8
GrimReaper2
Banned

No not really at the moment, so I thought I would give you all that little bit more "hope".

If you want to know anything about it give me a yell. But, if you don't care to say anything nice then jump.

Chris.
Old 06-22-2004, 01:49 AM   #9
DCElliott
Administrator

DCElliott is a splendid one to behold DCElliott is a splendid one to behold DCElliott is a splendid one to behold DCElliott is a splendid one to behold DCElliott is a splendid one to behold DCElliott is a splendid one to behold DCElliott is a splendid one to behold

I wasn't sure if I should respond to this thread, nor what I could say. I'm quite uncertain what your motives are here, Chris, since there are a number of scenarios that one can imagine. Raising hopes knowing that there may be no product anytime soon might be construed as meddlesome. You will forgive me if I regard your presence here with a touch of suspicion. So my advice is - don't get too cute and don't toy with people here - people won't take kindly to it.

And Dan, while I may say such things in my head, I probably wouldn't post them. The GrimReaper2 is a member in good standing here despite his history and is to be accorded the same level of respect.

DE
Old 06-22-2004, 07:30 AM   #10
DanThMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCElliott
And Dan, while I may say such things in my head, I probably wouldn't post them. The GrimReaper2 is a member in good standing here despite his history and is to be accorded the same level of respect.

DE
Dear Administrator!
Everything I type in this forum is typed with respect!
When it comes to Chris and the codebuilders there's a lot of suspicion. He recruted many
people here to his editor and forum. I visited his forum yesterday, and there wasn't 1 post in
the last 30 days. I've just had to be a little witty.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:21 AM   #11
Terminator1138
Retired Super Moderator

Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of
Default I was told

Grim2 PMed me that he seen it also, but IF he seen it and IF it exists, why don't we see a beta? I'm like DCElliot on this one, suspicious indeed. I will always lurk around here for those who need me, but I'm not looking for software. It would have to be a huge improvement to wet my appetite.

Terminator1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 04:12 PM   #12
Moooooo

Moooooo is on a distinguished road

So, Grimmice... are you and Naples playing nice again? This is a good story, really.
I think there is nothing more exciting than software soaps.
(For those that might not know what the soaps are... The soap operas are high drama shows on TV that are owned by companies like Procter & Gamble, makers of soap and more. They were created to attract the house wives into watching so that they could advertise there brand of Tide or Sunlight soaps)
Moooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:23 PM   #13
GrimReaper2
Banned

Napoleon and I speak around about 3 times a week. I won't break his confidence here, however I would like to assure you that he wants nothing more then to put out a new version. However, you must realise that to create software is not as easy as a fingure click and takes a lot longer then most of you would actually realise.

As an example for the WYSIWYG version of HBXP the full-time (thats working on it 8hrs a day 5 days a week) work hours for the project was 2 years of development. Additionally, the WYSIWYG portion - just the window and propery sheet - was done by an experienced programmer in the field. (One of the main developers of a Quake Mod called Urban Terror) in our offices for many months.

Keep in mind that Code Builders is a professional software development company and does projects for companies such as unitab and vodafone and is staffed with programmers.

Now, think about how long it would take to convince someone to not only work on a project 8hrs a day, 5 days a week WITHOUT being paid for it at the time when you have bills to pay, university debts to cover and what not.

Now, I'm not trying to be rude and I know you have been told time and time again that it will be here. However, one would ask why you haven't written one yourself if it could have been done in the time alloted for free?

Just something to keep in mind when you think about this software version X.XX. It is out there on a HDD somewhere, it is coming out.. but.........

Chris.

P.S. To give you an idea, the wysiwyg side of the code (and it's a wrapper) is something like 700kb of source code. (Thats 700,000 individual characters of source code. about 14,000 individual lines)

---- And so the soap continues.... ----
Old 06-22-2004, 10:21 PM   #14
Coreyp_1

Coreyp_1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Coreyp_1
Smile

Chris,

Personally, I thank you for your consideration in sharing this news with us.

Please extend our anticipation regarding the new version to Napoleon.

If it would not break any confidences, could you let us know what features/changes he's completed working on, as well as what is delaying progress? It would be nice to know...
Old 06-23-2004, 12:10 AM   #15
qtstorm

qtstorm is on a distinguished road
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coreyp_1
Chris,
If it would not break any confidences, could you let us know what features/changes he's completed working on, as well as what is delaying progress? It would be nice to know...
Considering that I now hit this forum about three or four times a day sometimes, I would say that I'm about as anxious as anyone to see a new verson out, especially as my first web dev years were with FP. But I would not recommend responding to the above request as that would be opening up a can of worms.( All due respect to Coreyp_1). The questions will never end.

As impatient as I am to see it, I am a developer myself so I know how time consuming and sometimes unpleasant the process can be.

Thanks for the update Chris
qtstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 05:38 AM   #16
Terminator1138
Retired Super Moderator

Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of
Cool

Okay IF it is indeed taking that long, then answer this question Chris (Grim).....

Why would Admin say that the development is almost done as stated in November? Many of stated they would pay for it say 20-30 bucks to help with the development. So if there was about 20,000 downloads that paid the 20 or even 10 bucks, Well you do the math!.......
I think that would pay for the bills for a year.

I would also state the some people on your own forum have concerns about a newer version and updates. Just an observation.

Then could also ask, why Admin has not posted information on his own forum about what he's finished with, etc. My original comment still stands with DCElliot on this one and all other comments by GrimReaper2. I would rather hear it from Admin/Napolean himself.

This this question is directed to only ADMIN/NAPOLEAN. ---> So is Chris accurate? Hows it goind with development?

Best Regards,
The Terminator
Old 06-23-2004, 06:04 AM   #17
GrimReaper2
Banned

I can't really say anything as that is Napoleon's privilage. However, take a really close look at the two screenshots he released and you may be able to guess some of the things he is / has already had implemented into the software. They are there to see if not slightly hidden behind fanciful names and / or a tab or button.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:38 AM   #18
Admin
Administrator

Admin is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,

It is true, I'm am very excited to be telling you today that 1st Page development has been going strong. Chris and I have decided to put everything between us in the past and move onto better partnerships. Infact, to give you some insight, Code--Builders has decided to license their WYSIWYG wrapper for inclustion into 1st page 2004. We are currently trying to implement this into the editor, after which it should be ready for beta testing.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 11:54 AM   #19
DanThMan

M8 This is really GREAT news for all of us!
You know there's a "few" who has been waiting eagerly
Thank you for "giving the pack a bone" or at least a sniff of it!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #20
Terminator1138
Retired Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
Hello everyone,

It is true, I'm am very excited to be telling you today that 1st Page development has been going strong. Chris and I have decided to put everything between us in the past and move onto better partnerships. Infact, to give you some insight, Code--Builders has decided to license their WYSIWYG wrapper for inclustion into 1st page 2004. We are currently trying to implement this into the editor, after which it should be ready for beta testing.
Thanks for the update their Admin, now on just a few other questions.
Just curious about the extra delay, has the coding been difficult to get all the extras in. I'm refering to the old thread on release should be soon?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: