Webmaster Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2006, 08:40 AM   #1
Admin
Administrator

Admin is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Evrsoft First Page 2006 Final PR2. OUT NOW!

Hello Everyone,

First Page 2006 FINAL is here. You can grab it from the downloads page at [url]http://www.evrsoft.com/download.shtml[/url]

This version has various bug fixes/feature additions. Some are explained below:

1. AutoTIDY HTML on Design view. You can also load your own custom TidyHTML profiles for use with the Design View. WYSIWYG code has never looked better.

2. SPEED!
The new update loads about 3x faster than previous versions. You'll also notice speed improvements when typing, moving your mouse, etc.

3. Removed flicking.

4. CodeTree now supports all PHP5 functions, HTML 4.0, and the CSS2 tag specification.

5. Project Manager now saves/opens correctly.

6. Autoreplace/code templates get saved. Now you can type words such as (c) and get it automatically replaced to © when typing. You can also press Ctrl-J to show a list of pre-made templates defined by yourself.

7. fixed hardcore toolbar underline char bug

8. Added full xhtml support (tags). If a document is XHTML, FP will add < /> tags accordingly.

9. fixed sidebar_file_combobox popupmenu/shortcut keys and improved intelligence

10. Ability to enable/disable design tab/view.

11. Alerts users before switching to design mode. Option to switch off alert box.

12. Improved tag insight, tag selector and inspector speed and bugs.

13. Tag inspector with HTML and CSS attributes are now moved to the top with a blue highlighting color for easier viewing/development.

14. Hitting Ctrl-Space now shows Tag Insight. No longer do you have to "wait".

15. Detailed Windows CHM Helpfile now available.

16. Over 1,500 (No longer 450) iScripts are now available from within the program. iScripts are simply Javascript/DHTML/ASP scripts that can be deployed instantly. iScript is really just an interface to these scripts, allowing you to browse and preview scripts from within the program before the script is added to your web pages.

17. Online Photo Album maker bugs fixed. I believe it is one of the few off-line thumbnail generating tools available that can make some pretty nice thumbnails, with Previous/next thumb links. Give it a whirl.

18. Dual edit window now includes "find toolbar" for power developers who need Dual screens.

19. Design view - table selection is now set to act like MS Frontpage/Word/Dreamweaver. That means table editing has gotten a WHOLE lot easier.

20. External browser search now finds Firefox and Mozilla.

21. Many text/combobox fields now have history enabled. This means you can close the program down, come back and it remembers previously used URLs defined, etc. Also, many options now remember itself, so after re-open it will be preserved.

22. mycode/explorer rename/delete works fine now.

23. Ability to select entire tag block via shortcut key.

There is a lot of other "bug fixes" which really do not require a mention.

FYI, First Page 2006 will remain free, however there will be a professional edition available. Upgrading to the pro edition means you'll get priority support and removal of a simple nag screen. We have thought long and hard about this and we have concluded that this is the only approach to continue FP. We need to pay our starving programmers, hosting fees, maintaince fees and so forth if we can deliver you updates and quality support.

If there is enough support out there you can be assured updates and work on FP will progress MUCH MUCH faster than previously.

Thanks to everyone who has sent back feeedback and may you have a wonderful 2006!

Please report all bugs, feedback and ideas here.

NOTE: Un-install any previous betas before installing this new version.

Note: The latest update was posted 12/JAN/2006 @ 1.12PM AEST.
If you downloaded a preview release, you may want to come back and download the final version. The final version include some additional tweaks and functionality.
Old 01-10-2006, 08:56 AM   #2
PsychoticDude85

PsychoticDude85 will become famous soon enough

Wow, you have done loads of work Admin, congratulations on getting all that done!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:25 AM   #3
Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman is on a distinguished road

Can't wait!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #4
Tarmithius
Super Moderator

Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of

Well I have to say that the list you provide for all the fixes/features is impressive. I am looking forward to trying it.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:04 PM   #5
Rabscutle
Probationary

Rabscutle is on a distinguished road

Unfortunately when I click on the Downloads Page link, I get a Page Not Found Error. Is there a mirror site for this download?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
Tarmithius
Super Moderator

Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of Tarmithius has much to be proud of

Because the file is not there, mostly likely it has not been uploaded yet.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Admin
Administrator

try again now, 2 mirrors are up.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:16 PM   #8
Tarmithius
Super Moderator

Not sure if this is where you want the bugs posted but here goes.

To start off the splash screen does not go away, it stays at the 'Loading Code Tree' section and stays there, I can start a new document though underneath the splash pane. I have attached a screenshot of this.
Attached Images

Old 01-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #9
wjcampbe

wjcampbe is on a distinguished road

Just found the same thing, but went into preferences and unticked the splash screen option - problem solved.

Very impressed with the first few page views - interesting warning on WYSIWYG design view. I will leave exploring the meaning behind that till tomorrow.

Thanks Admin. A real boost in productivity is guaranteed (just the interest of finding out what I can do) :-)
Bill
Old 01-10-2006, 04:25 PM   #10
Tarmithius
Super Moderator

I also turned off the splash screen in the options area, but fora lot of newbie type folks they may not know what to do about this issue.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:30 PM   #11
Terminator1138
Retired Super Moderator

Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of Terminator1138 has much to be proud of

yeh thesplash screen did the same for me also
Old 01-10-2006, 10:35 PM   #12
Admin
Administrator

For those who have the splashscreen bug, please try replacing your copy with this updated one.
[url]http://www.evrsoft.com/fp2006-beta/1stpage.exe[/url]

Let me know if that fixed the issue or not. A few more bugs have also been patched since.
Old 01-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #13
davews

davews is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin
For those who have the splashscreen bug, please try replacing your copy with this updated one.

Let me know if that fixed the issue or not. A few more bugs have also been patched since.
With this version I cannot even install it on Windows 98SE, it crashes with the splash screen 'Loading' and GPFs:

"C:\MISC\1STPAGE.EXE 3.0.0.0 caused exception C0000025 at address BFF88054 (Base: 400000)

Registers:
EAX=014EE57C EBX=014EF588 ECX=014EE548 EDX=BFFC9490 ESI=819526AC
EDI=014EE6CC EBP=014EE5E8 ESP=014EE570 EIP=BFF88054 FLAGS=00000202
CS=0177 DS=017F SS=017F ES=017F FS=0F0F GS=0000"

I have the full crash log with memory dump if you are interested (130kb zipped)

Not a good start...
Old 01-11-2006, 01:05 AM   #14
WimJ

WimJ is on a distinguished road

Wow!

CONGRATULATIONS!

It seems that my major problem (flickering of the source-screen while typing in data) has disappeared to the level of FP 2000. Wonderful! I'm happy!

Wim Janse
Old 01-11-2006, 01:24 AM   #15
GDS

GDS is on a distinguished road
Default Design mode and style

Some Design-mode comments:
First, I would say that I think Design-mode have become very useful.
I like the way in which List-elements can be nested by using indent/outdent!

I do have some remarks on the functionality of Design-mode:

-I would prefer that Design-mode do not use the deprecated font tag. If font-property is changed for a partial selction, I would prefer to have
a span element inserted with appropriate style. If a whole element is selected, it is better to insert style in this parent-element.

-Why not enable user to insert css in the tags directly, by reuseing the same advanced propertyInspector as in sourceMode! Then, you could decide how to insert style and other attributes in elements. This could be implemented so that when in designMode, the propertyInspector always works on the element textMark is placed inside,for instance body.

GDS
Old 01-11-2006, 02:04 AM   #16
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by davews
With this version I cannot even install it on Windows 98SE, it crashes with the splash screen 'Loading' and GPFs:

"C:\MISC\1STPAGE.EXE 3.0.0.0 caused exception C0000025 at address BFF88054 (Base: 400000)

Registers:
EAX=014EE57C EBX=014EF588 ECX=014EE548 EDX=BFFC9490 ESI=819526AC
EDI=014EE6CC EBP=014EE5E8 ESP=014EE570 EIP=BFF88054 FLAGS=00000202
CS=0177 DS=017F SS=017F ES=017F FS=0F0F GS=0000"

I have the full crash log with memory dump if you are interested (130kb zipped)

Not a good start...

I'm assuming you already installed the full FP installer first before using this? The above file is just for those who want to replace over their existsing copy of First Page 2006.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #17
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDS
-I would prefer that Design-mode do not use the deprecated font tag. If font-property is changed for a partial selction, I would prefer to have
a span element inserted with appropriate style. If a whole element is selected, it is better to insert style in this parent-element.
GDS
Easy to fix..

Go into TidyHTML.. Setup your own profile, select "upgrade my document to CSS". It is an option available in Tidy, then save your profile.

Now go to options -> Program Preferences -> Design View tab.

Goto AutoTIDY group, select "Choose my own tidy profile". Then select your tidy profile.

Now eevrytime you switch back and forth, all <font> tags will be converted to CSS span tags.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:45 AM   #18
davews

davews is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm assuming you already installed the full FP installer first before using this? The above file is just for those who want to replace over their existsing copy of First Page 2006.
Ah, yes. Perhaps I didn't read and downloaded in haste... Now downloaded and installed the full installer and it is working fine.

The first test page I tried happened tp use a javascript alert "window.alert("yes")" which popped up an alert window. But when I went into preview mode I found I couldn't get out of it as it was just looking for me to click the OK button....

Dave
Old 01-11-2006, 04:41 AM   #19
suffolkboy

suffolkboy is on a distinguished road
Default splashscreen

Quote:

I downloaded and replaced the exe file with updated file, sadly this did not fix the problem.

I had to click File, New Blank Document before I could access Options. Then I could get to General Program Preferences and turn off the splash screen.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:10 AM   #20
Admin
Administrator

Those having issues with splashscreen bug, please post your windows version. Also, when you goto CodeTree can you see these tag libraries available?

CSS 2 Specs
PHP 5
HTML 4 Specs
?

Thanks
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: