First Page 2006 FINAL is here. You can grab it from the downloads page at [url]http://www.evrsoft.com/download.shtml[/url]
This version has various bug fixes/feature additions. Some are explained below:
1. AutoTIDY HTML on Design view. You can also load your own custom TidyHTML profiles for use with the Design View. WYSIWYG code has never looked better.
The new update loads about 3x faster than previous versions. You'll also notice speed improvements when typing, moving your mouse, etc.
3. Removed flicking.
4. CodeTree now supports all PHP5 functions, HTML 4.0, and the CSS2 tag specification.
5. Project Manager now saves/opens correctly.
6. Autoreplace/code templates get saved. Now you can type words such as (c) and get it automatically replaced to © when typing. You can also press Ctrl-J to show a list of pre-made templates defined by yourself.
7. fixed hardcore toolbar underline char bug
8. Added full xhtml support (tags). If a document is XHTML, FP will add < /> tags accordingly.
9. fixed sidebar_file_combobox popupmenu/shortcut keys and improved intelligence
10. Ability to enable/disable design tab/view.
11. Alerts users before switching to design mode. Option to switch off alert box.
12. Improved tag insight, tag selector and inspector speed and bugs.
13. Tag inspector with HTML and CSS attributes are now moved to the top with a blue highlighting color for easier viewing/development.
14. Hitting Ctrl-Space now shows Tag Insight. No longer do you have to "wait".
15. Detailed Windows CHM Helpfile now available.
17. Online Photo Album maker bugs fixed. I believe it is one of the few off-line thumbnail generating tools available that can make some pretty nice thumbnails, with Previous/next thumb links. Give it a whirl.
18. Dual edit window now includes "find toolbar" for power developers who need Dual screens.
19. Design view - table selection is now set to act like MS Frontpage/Word/Dreamweaver. That means table editing has gotten a WHOLE lot easier.
20. External browser search now finds Firefox and Mozilla.
21. Many text/combobox fields now have history enabled. This means you can close the program down, come back and it remembers previously used URLs defined, etc. Also, many options now remember itself, so after re-open it will be preserved.
22. mycode/explorer rename/delete works fine now.
23. Ability to select entire tag block via shortcut key.
There is a lot of other "bug fixes" which really do not require a mention.
FYI, First Page 2006 will remain free, however there will be a professional edition available. Upgrading to the pro edition means you'll get priority support and removal of a simple nag screen. We have thought long and hard about this and we have concluded that this is the only approach to continue FP. We need to pay our starving programmers, hosting fees, maintaince fees and so forth if we can deliver you updates and quality support.
If there is enough support out there you can be assured updates and work on FP will progress MUCH MUCH faster than previously.
Thanks to everyone who has sent back feeedback and may you have a wonderful 2006!
Please report all bugs, feedback and ideas here.
NOTE: Un-install any previous betas before installing this new version.
Note: The latest update was posted 12/JAN/2006 @ 1.12PM AEST.
If you downloaded a preview release, you may want to come back and download the final version. The final version include some additional tweaks and functionality.