Webmaster Forums

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Old 10-31-2006, 02:49 AM   #1
godmd
Probationary

godmd is on a distinguished road
Default Virus.VBS.Saraci warning for lscripts\Cookie\bookmark-reminder.izs

Got same Virus.VBS.Saraci warning also for lscripts\Cookie\only-popup-once.izs.

I downloaded FP2006 from your download sources, using Kaspersky anti-virus software.

These aren't the first virus warnings I get regarding FP2006.

I always scan downloads before installation and nothing was found at the time which is a few months back. However, when Kaspersky runs the scheduled complete scans of my harddrives it sometimes comes up with different virus warnings about First Page files.

I know that there's a good chance of these warnings being wrong but how can I be shure? Usually I let Kaspersky eliminate the assumedly infected files. If this goes on like this though, I guess, there won't be any files left to generate scriptings with First Page in a little while.

Can anyone explain to me how this phenomenon arises that hasn't occured so far with any other software I have on my PC - which is quite a lot? Is there any way to find out if virus warnings of the kind are to be taken serious? I'm at a loss here ...

Kind regards, Anka
godmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:40 PM   #2
Spock
Super Moderator

Spock is on a distinguished road

It is probable that your AV program is complaining about the installable scripts which are not actually viruses. The only thing I can think of to do is ensure you know what the script in 1st Page does before allowing anything to be removed.

You can always run your AV again on just the folder with 1st Page and allow it to remove the offending scripts later if you aren't sure. Just remember, nothing happens with a script until it's run.

Since I'm relatively new at all this, though, I would also recommend you wait for confirmation of my suggestion from one of the more experienced members of the forum.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: